Dr. K.
Dr. K., Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified primary care doctor.

my lower rib cage is swollen on the left side. also the left

Customer Question

my lower rib cage is swollen on the left side. also the left side of my abdomen hurts the pain is like ive overdone it with the sit ups and then stiff the next day if you know what i mean. theres no brusing or anything. I just got a sudden sharp pain in my ribs yesterday afternoon then it faided to a constant mild pain then last night i got the pain in the left side of my abdomen but that only hurts wen i move. its only today i noticed that my lower rib cage is swollen when i touch it its hard and doesnt hurt.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 6 years ago.
I am sorry for your symptoms

It's normal to be sore after a workout, but your description of your ribcage being "swollen" is a little unusual. Can you be more specific? Is there redness? Does it hurt when you breathe in?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

i havent been working out the pain on the left side of my abdomen is like being sore after a workout.

theres no redness, and i dont have pain when i breathe in, when i touch the swollen part its hard and not painfull.

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 6 years ago.

If you have abdominal soreness , but you have not worked out to induce such soreness, I would contact your doctor for an exam. If you have soreness on the right side, you can have some tenderness of the liver, and would need some imaging. You may need a urine test to check for blood in your urine as well