Dr. B.
Dr. B., Doctor
Experience:  Physician with 8 years of experience.

My son has a rash that hes had before after football practice

My son has a rash that he's had before after football practice on his feet and ankles. He was using his CPM machine ( just had reconstructive ACL surgery) and he noticed he had the rash on the the foot that had been in the sheep skin support of the machine. It also is less so on his other foot, and now this morning he has it on his inside arm. Right foot is itcy. The rash looks like petechiae, but he also has a completely red area on top of left toes. His cbc was normal, he does get a rash from scented detegents.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 years ago.

I am sorry to know your son`s symptoms,

Based on what you mentioned,it seems that your son`s symptoms are due to allergic cause as it may present with similar rash which is itchy.I will advise that you ask the physician to do a physical exam and eosinophil count(mostly found raised)to confirm this cause and prescribe topical hydrocortisone cream which will take care of your son`s symptoms.

Wish you and your son best of health and happiness.

Always ask if you need clarification/more information.Please click ACCEPT button to get my credit.POSITIVE feedback& BONUS are warmly appreciated. Please note that answer is for information only. It can't be a substitute to visit the doctor.