Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

Second chest x ray needed a week after the first. Ihave had

Second chest x ray needed a week after the first. Ihave had persistant cough and sore throat for abought 6 weeks now.Any ideas why, I AM WORRIED SICK.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 7 years ago.
Do you also have fever?
blood in sputum?
What did they say was the finding on first Xray?

Regards
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
NO NONE OF THESE, I THINK FIRST X RAY WENT STREIGHT TO HOSPITAL. I PHONED SURGERY YESTERDAY NOTHING THERE.
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 7 years ago.
Welcome to just answer!

The Repeat Xray might be needed because:
1. It could be sometimes technical fault that Xray film might have been taken during Expiration phase of respiration or the film might be over exposed or under exposed due to the dose of Xrays given during taking a film. Mostly the Xrays are done in inspiratory phase of respiration. and also some artifacts also appear during development of the film and need to confirm on repeat Xray.

2. There might be a patch or mark on your Xray that they might think could be due to some Lower respiratory tract infection like pneumonitis or pneumonia and they want to see the progreesion by repeating the Xray after a course of antibiotics.

3. Some times tumor of the chest are found incidently on routine Xrays though the patient is not symptomatic and want to see the progression or the want to due the repeat Xray with a different angle to confirm it and to plan for further management.

Please feel free to ask any queries about answer
I hope the answer was helpful.
Regards
Kindly click ACCEPT, if i have answered to your satisfaction. A positive feedback and a bonus will be highly appreciated.