Dr. Zia
Dr. Zia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, ECFMG Certified
8865089

symptoms high blood pressure, stiff neck, severe headache,

symptoms high blood pressure, stiff neck, severe headache, jaw tightness, nausea, vomiting, pale or white skin color. Last a couple of hours and go away by morning. Are these symptoms related to the high blood pressure? Are these symptoms that can be indicating a stroke?
Can you please mention your age and gender?
Since how long are you having these symptoms?
Any other medical conditions? On any medications for anything?

Please let me know.
Regards
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

its for my mother-in-law. she is female. 69. blood pressure medication to control high blood pressure. history of headaches and vomiting.

She was fine yesterday. came home got a severe headache, stiff neck, tight jaw...started vomiting...took her blood pressure and it was 180/?. it was high even after she took blood pressure meds. she insists its a migraine but im concerned its related to blood pressure/stroke issue?

Well it does not seem to be a stroke. These symptoms can happen with very high blood pressure as well. If she is still having these symptoms I would strongly urge you to take her to the ER for emergency treatment of her condition because her blood pressure is pretty high.

Regards