Dr. RK
Dr. RK, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice
14180959

my left arm feels abit heavy and numb anf tingly abit in my

my left arm feels abit heavy and numb anf tingly abit in my fingers

hello claros,

Greetings and welcome to justanswer,

How long are you having such symptoms?

do you suffer from diabetes or hypertension?

what are the drugs you are taking?

did you consult a doctor yet?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am taking antibiotics erythromycin for an ifection in my toe. Have had infections in my breast 2 times in 6 months and am being monitored by breast clinic

Dear claros,

Thank you for the information,

There are some common causes of such heavy arm along with tingling sensation.The common ones are unstable angina, myocardial ischaemia, nerve irritation, electrolyte imbalance, vitamin deficiency, etc.

As per your symptoms we should first rule out the cardiac cause of such symptoms.The decreased blood supply to heart may cause such symptoms of tingling and numbness in left arm.

The other possibility could be vitamin deficiency which should also be ruled out as it may also cause such symptoms.The electrolyte imbalanvce may also cause such tingling and numbness and should be investigated.

The decreased blood supply may also be associated with such symptoms and should be treated after having the relevant investigations done.

You should have the relevant investigations done like ekg, 2d echo of heart, exercise treadmill test, serum electrolytes, serum vitamin b12 and folic acid, etc after consulting your doctor to know the associated abnormality.

The treatment depeds on the underlying cause.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you!