Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine

How much hydrocodone does it take to fail a hair drug test,

How much hydrocodone does it take to fail a hair drug test, cut of for opiates is 200 pg/mg?
Well ill try to be as clear as possible about this,
The exact quantity is pretty vague but ill give you an idea about it,
Hair drug test can detect the usage of regular drug use over the past 90 days, including hydrocodone..although hydrocodone is best detected with urine drug test but regular usage is picked up clearly by the hair drug test.

If you are regularly using the drug recreationally that is once a week or twice a week, It will be picked up o the drug test (approx quantity 300 - 1000 pg/mg)

If using it daily then it will be picked up in the quantity of 2000 - 8000 pg/mg

If using it more than once daily the quantity will be >9000 pg/mg

So the answer to your question is one to two pills a week on a regular basis over 90 days is enough to fail the drug test. the important point here is ON A REGULAR BASIS, only one pill taken 90 or even 30 days ago will not be detected.

I hope this helps, please let me know
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I actually took five 7.5/500 mg tabs one day and one tab about a week later, this was in Oct, hair test done yesterday? Will this show up?
Well this shouldnt show up actually, the quantity isnt enough to show up on a drug test, and this much quantity should be eliminated via the urine in about a maximum of 15 days.