Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

It feels like someone is stabbing me with needles in my right

Customer Question

It feels like someone is stabbing me with needles in my right arm right above my wrists on the underside of my arm.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 5 years ago.

Hi

Have you in past also such symptoms?

Are you using computer for long hours?

Is the symptoms related to only right arm and wrist ?

Any other symptoms?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I remember in the past yes I had such symptoms but they went away. I did use the computer for long hours today and for the past few days and I believe that is why. Do you think if I spend less time on the computer it will go away? That is the only symptom. Yes it is only right arm. Probably from clicking the mouse too much right? I think I answered my own question. I will definately use this service in the future though.

Well, in your case, the symptoms are possibly due to - carpal tunnel syndrome; it causes -frequent burning, tingling, or itching numbness in the palm of the hand and the fingers, especially the thumb and the index and middle fingers. Other possibility are:high blood pressure, diabetes,underactive thyroid,abnormal levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in your body,lack of vitamin B12,certain medications.

Most likely, in your case the cause is excess use of computer .

Computer keyboards and chair height may need to be adjusted to optimize comfort. Also range of motion stretching exercise of the wrists can help in preventing symptoms. You need to see a Physical therapist for exercises. Also the use of Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) is very helpful. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are also effective.

So I advice you to consult your doctor for the clinical examination and management.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I will keep you for the future but I kinda already knew it was from using the computer. Thanks!
Well in your case, Stretching and strengthening exercises can be helpful. A physical therapist will help you. Along with the th medications as described in previous post, your symptoms will resolve. And thanks for your kind words. I wish for your good health. Take care