Caring doc
Caring doc, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist. MBBS,MD

I have a mole on my neck and now its swollen and red and hurts

I have a mole on my neck and now its swollen and red and hurts a little. I do not have health insurance should i got to the hospital asap or will it go down?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Caring doc replied 4 years ago.
In order to help you in a better way tell me the following:
  1. How long have had it?
  2. Has it increased in sized?
  3. Has it changed in colour?
  4. Has it become irregular?
  5. What is the surrounding skin like?
  6. Can you describe exactly what it looks like?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
1. Well i have had the mole for about 10yrs or so.
2. The size has increased and is bigger then normal.
3. The color is red but my wife said that one of the edges seems to be dried up and seems to peal pretty easy.
4. What do you mean irregular?
5. Surrounding skin looks ok just the edge of the mole like i mentioned seems dried.
6. The whole mole is not swollen it seems half of the mole is swollen and the other half seems to be reuglar size. The one side is red and seems to be getting bigger.
According to current recommendations any mole that changes in size , colour or shape must be investigated thoroughly to rule out malignant change.

I would recommend you to go to a dermatologist urgently to rule out any sinister pathology.

I hope that answers your quetion.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IF YOU FOUND THE ANSWER USEFUL CLICK ON THE "ACCEPT" BUTTON. POSITIVE FEEDBACK AND BONUS WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your help. Since i do not have health insurance do you think if i go to my local hopsital they may be able to help?
You will be certainly entertained in the ER department.

There is usually a social officer in every hospital. He will work out options with you.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Caring doc, Doctor
Experience: Internal Medicine Specialist. MBBS,MD