Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  Several years of clinical experience in all fields of Medicine.
11246089

I have what looks like rash on my stomach, ribs area, and random

I have what looks like rash on my stomach, ribs area, and random small spots on my legs and arms. It is pretty itchy but more so at night. I was told by someone that it could be scabies, but the dermatology clinics are booked in my town for the next 2 months! Do i need to get immediate care like in an emergency room or something or do you think it will go away on its on?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. R. Bora replied 7 years ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for your question.

The spots in the mentioned areas could be due to fungal infection known as tinea versicolor.

You can use selenium sulfide containing shampoo and creams like selsun or nizoral in the affected areas .It shoud be rubbe off after about 10 mins and applied twice in a week.

If this does not help, you can take a singleoral dose of ketoconazole 400 mg.

In case of no improvement,you can continue to make the appointment with the dermatologist.

I hope my answer is helpful to you. For accepting the answer, please press the "GREEN ACCEPT" button.
I would be highly obliged for a POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS from you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The inea versicolor you describe is more like sunspots, these are more like bumps than sunspots. tinly little spoty, some are raised. not like pimples, no puss.. more like spread out chill bumps (goosebumps) that dont go away and itch..
These could be miliaria rubra. Please check on this link. and suggest if this matches your symptoms.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I dont thinks its what you suggest, heat rash is something that i used to get a lot when i would workout on the beach and sweat in direct sunlight. these are just little bumps, they come and go, mainly on my ribs and stomach, the skin is very dry around the bumps on my legs but on my stomach its just little itchy bumps about 1-2 inches apart. I really have no idea how else to describe it, ill just try go to an urgent care or something and ask them. Thank you for your help though..
Ok. Its not posible to give too many alternatives in an online sight as I have limitation of not able to see you personally. Good luck anyway.