MDPhD to help
MDPhD to help, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Clinician in Internal Medicine and Basic Science Research in bacteriology and infectious diseases
20314402

One side of my face seems larger than the other side to me.

One side of my face seems larger than the other side to me. Are there any cosmetic procedures available for this?

DearCustomer

Please provide some more information about this: how long has this been going on? Do you notice any other problems, i.e. excessive salivations, drooping of your mouth, eyes, any numbness or tingling. Do you have any medical problems? Taking any meds?

DM

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I haven't got any of the symptoms you described. I think it's probably mostly a psychological problem if anything. I've had a diagnosis of schizoaffective disorder, but I think I'm seeing things just as well as anyone else at the moment...

Customer/p>

DearCustomer

There are certainly procedures that can be done, but would caution you to have some thorough evaluation to be sure that it is necessary. Please speak with either your primary doctor or psychiatrist to have them evaluate if they see what you see. If you, plastic surgery is certainly an option and the different procedures used would depend on the extend of intervention necessary.

This link provides an article on the types of facelift-type procedures that are done:

http://www.plasticsurgery.org/Patients_and_Consumers/Procedures/Cosmetic_Procedures/Facelift.html

Please let me know if you have more questions.

DM