Internist
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.
13024878

hi,my back passage is leaking,it is not diarrhea but every

hi,my back passage is leaking,it is not diarrhea but every couple of hours i have to go to the bathroom to wipe my backside. can you tell me why this happening?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Internist replied 5 years ago.
How long has this Been occurring? Have you had abnormal bowel movements prior to this time?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hi, it is leaking with excrement,
Expert:  Internist replied 5 years ago.
It's actual PCs is coming out of your rectum and is leaking and you have never had this before then the One likely explanation is what is called an impaction. In common language that is a stool that is stuck in the rectum and the only thing that can pass around is liquid feces. Usually this happens in elderly patients and those people who have chronic constipation. The other possibility in your case is that you are leaking a fluid that comes from inflammation around the area of the rectum. When you have inflammation it can we liquid material throughout the day that has to be wiped frequently. This irritation can come from different causes such as hemorrhoids or passing an abnormal bowel movement. In either case you need to have an exam by your doctor where he will insert this finger into the rectum to find out if you have any abnormality there. once he does that he may want to look into the rectum with a tube. When the diagnosis is made then he can recommend treatment. There is one other unusual cause of material leaking from the rectum and that is a type of polyp or growth that secretes large amounts of mucus. That would be diagnosed by an examination of the rectum. The botXXXXX XXXXXne is that you need to see your doctor and have him properly examine you.

*****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for educational purposes only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor or establish a doctor patient relationship.
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.