Dr. B.
Dr. B., Doctor
Experience:  Physician with 8 years of experience.

Occasional Pain and "catching" in leg groin area.

Customer Question

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 years ago.
Are you diagnosed of any medical condition?
Has any tests been done for your symptoms?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I try to work out at a f itness center at l east three X a week. I have been diagnosed with Osteoporosis. I am not overweight - at 115 pounds and my general health is good. This is a "new" pain - It is not constant. The "spasm" just happens occasionally and sometimes when I get up from a sitting position it is painful. The pain seems to have moved to more the middle of the upper leg than right at groin area. It started about six weeks ? ago and it has only slowed down my walking exercise which was a joy. Thanks for "listening"
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 years ago.

I am sorry to know about your symptoms,

Based on what you mentioned,it seems that your symptoms are due to nerve impingement as it may lead to similar intermitten pain like yours in groin area.Osteoporosis could predispose to this condition too.Ask your physician to do physical exam and MRI to confirm this possibility.
Other possibility with similar symptoms at your age seems less likely .
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am so afraid that I might need a hip replacement. Could my symptoms warrant a hip problem?????
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 years ago.
It does not seem so,as hip problems would have presented with severe pain on walking ,still MRI of hip has to be done to confirm it.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I appreciate this follow up and was pleasantly surprised that there was another response from you. There is no more that I can report on my condition as a visit to my doctor for further help needs to be my next step.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 years ago.
Your welcome

Yes you should visit the doctor as your your next step.