Dr. B.
Dr. B., Doctor
Experience:  Physician with 8 years of experience.
17382760

My neck on left side is swollen and painful to touch, the area

My neck on left side is swollen and painful to touch, the area that hurts runs from below my ear to the front side of my neck. Only hurts when touched. Worried could be blood clot.
Hello

I am sorry to know about your symptoms,

Based on what you mentioned,it seems that you have infection of salivary gland(parotid) as it presents with similar symptoms like yours,ask your physician to do a physical exam to confirm it,as this is a clinical diagnosis.Other possibility could be undiagnosed underlying ear infection which also may present like your symptoms.
Answer to your question-From what you have mentioned,it does not seem that you have blood clot,still I would advise that you see a physician,so that he confirms it by imaging tests,just to be on safe side.
Wish you best of health and happiness.
Thanks

Always ask if you need clarification/more information.Please click ACCEPT button to get my credit.POSITIVE feedback& BONUS are warmly appreciated. Please note that answer is for information only. It can't be a substitute to visit the doctor.