Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I have been feeling dizzy, not being able to focus, Almost

I have been feeling dizzy, not being able to focus, Almost dehydrated, weak, sometimes blurry vision can you tell me what I might have?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 4 years ago.
Hello! As you are young and I presume otherwise normally healthy then I would first suspect that you might have aviral illness. I realize that it may sound a bit like everything is blamed on this at times... At any rate viruses tend to be wisespread and can affect multiple areas of the body at the same time. Taking into account your age I would say this increases the chance of certain viral infections such as mononucleosis, as well as other common family of viruses such as adenovirus, coxsackie. Some of these viruses might have a relatively mild effect on the central nervous system as some of your symptoms are sounding. Usually most viral illnesses will declare themselves with either upper respiratory or gastrointestinal illness symptoms.Many of the symptoms you describe could fit with diabetes but your age makes this seem less likely but not impossible especially if you are overweight(type 2). With the next 48 hours I would recommend that you may benefit from some Advil or Tylenol(as the inflammatory response with an acute infection may be responsible for many of your symptoms) Drink plenty of fluids. Increase your rest. Watch for the development of other symptoms or improvement. If you have frequent urination and thirst and have been losing weight in recent weeks then the onset of type one diabetes is possible but unlikely.The blurred vision is one symptom that makes me wonder about diabetes as this is one of the symptoms of this disorder. If Is the dizziness a sense of the room spinning(vertigo) or a sense of feeling light headed as though you might faint? I have interpreted it from your clues that the light-headed feeling was the more likely which you meant.I think that how things develop with time will determine your course of action. If you get to feeling better within the next 24-48 hours then I would not worry. If you develop other symptoms then depending on what they are you might self treat a mild diarrhea but a fever and cough you need to see the doctor about.I hope this helps. Further questions are welcome if you have any,. If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to press the "ACCEPT" button . Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I forgot to tell you that before I was feeling dizzy a day Ago I Had Fever , I had a runny Nose, Coughing, Headache, I had a blodd test but was fine in every aspect of it, I also had the swine flu test and my result was negative. As of right now I have little coughinh no fever, a little runny nose, but I feel like rare, confused, dizzy, unbalanced
Hi again! Glad to hear that you were negative for the swine flu. The quick onset fever then it dissapating is very consistent with the way that most viral infections will behave.(Most adults do not run a fever easily with a bacterial illness until it gets severe such as a bronchitis developing into pneumonia) The combination of your symptoms sounds very consistent to a viral URI that will run its course. I would expect that you will be feeling better by Monday. I hope this helps. Take Care, Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience: 14 years experience in the field of Family Practice