DOCDEV
DOCDEV, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, FCCS, Post Doctoral Fellowship in Cardiac Anaesthesia and Critical Care Medicine.
14105073

My legs are swollen tight they are tender to touch and I have

Customer Question

My legs are swollen tight they are tender to touch and I have a swollen painful rash
Category: Medical
Expert:  DOCDEV replied 7 years ago.
Hello.

Are both the legs involved?
do you suffer from diabetes or high BP?

Dr.Dev

MD FCCS

Critical Care physician

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Both of my legs are swollen. They are painful and I get sharp pains in my feet. My right leg is the only one with the rash. I am overweight but I have not been diagnosed with high blood pressure or diabetes.
Expert:  DOCDEV replied 7 years ago.
Hy.

Bilateral swollen legs could mean water retention in the body due to any cause, Typically , its due to impaired filtration function by the kidneys or a impaired cardiac function.
Some times drugs like steroids and contraceptive pills may cause water retention.

I suggest, you get a cardiovascular and renal parameters check up, to rule out these potential issues.
A complete blood work ( including serum urea , creatinine, creatinine clearance) and Cardiac examinations like- ECG, Echo, TMT and check up of routine vitals-

Please discuss this with your physician without delay.

Hope this helps.

Dr.Dev

MD FCCS

Critical Care physician

PLEASE NOTE: No part of your deposit will go to the expert , until you click "ACCEPT" after reading your answer

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
what is causing the rash?
Expert:  DOCDEV replied 7 years ago.
Peripheral edema as such would predispose to venous stasis , which very frequently causes skin hyperpigmentation.

Dr.Dev

MD FCCS

Critical Care physician

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
in plain english please. What is the cause?
Expert:  DOCDEV replied 7 years ago.
Stretching of the skin.
And decreased blood supply to the skin cells.

As i said earlier, its important to get a cardiac check up and blood work done ., in your own interest.
This is the first test advised to ALL patients who present with swelling of legs.
The rash issue is not important. The swelling is.

You will get all your answers , once the test results come.

Dr.Dev

MD FCCS

Critical Care physician

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have had problems with gasey bloated feelings sometimes severe. especially after I eat. is it related?
Expert:  DOCDEV replied 7 years ago.
Stomach gas is not related to either leg swellings or rashes.

Dr.Dev

MD FCCS

Critical Care physician