Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board Certified in 2 Specialities & US Medical Graduate
18703594

Can a woman get pregnant if i fingered her with precum on my

Customer Question

Can a woman get pregnant if i fingered her with precum on my fingers? What are the odds. Also she rubbed the shaft of my penis against her vagina but my penis never was inserted.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 4 years ago.

Yes, a woman can get pregnant this way.
The risk of pregnancy is lower, but it is possible. I can't give you exact odds, because many factors are involved.
The risk also depends on where the woman is in her cycle. If she is ovulating, obviously she would have a higher risk of pregnancy than if she just had her period.

Dr Abby

If you are satisfied with my help, please remember to click accept. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That doesn't help me a whole lot. I mean are the odds that great, or is so miniscule that I shouldn't even worry about it?
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 4 years ago.
Do you know when her last period was?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, don't have a clue. All I know is that pulled her panties aside and rubbed her vagina along my shaft for a little while. After this I fingered her. i am worried that when she rubbed my shaft some precum may have gotten onto her vagina, then when i fingered her what if i pushed it inside and got her pregnant?
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 4 years ago.
I can understand your concerns.

The odds are not miniscule.
If she was exposed to pre-ejaculate, she can become pregnant.
If you don't know when her last period was, then you do have cause for concern.

Dr Abby
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
even if my penis never entered her, and my finger did not actually have precum on it? I am jsut saying that what if precum got on her vagina as she rubbed my penis and then when I fingered her, it got in her vagina. If this did happen it would have been a very small amount at best and would have have to have been pushed by my finger from the outside of here vagina into it.
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 4 years ago.
If your penis never entered her and your finger did not have precum on it there is not any risk.

If precum got on her vagina and then got into her vagina, she can become pregnant. It is much harder to become pregnant this way but there is a chance that she could. I can't tell you that there is no way that she could have become pregnant if pre-ejaculate was in her vagina. She can become pregnant that way. Woman have become pregnant that way.
Dr Abby
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 4 years ago.
If you want, I can offer you a second opinion.
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
Dr. Abby is correct - Can you tell me WHEN you touch her and When was her last period start date and WHEN is her NEXT expected period start date?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, I don't know any of that. All I know is that I didn't have precum on my fingers actually. She rubbed the shaft of my penis agianst her vagina, then I fingerewd her. I am just concerned that if any precum got from my shaft onto her vagina that I may entered it into her vagina when i fingered her. I figure odds are very small, but just wanting to know.
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
There are many factors here;
1st precum does have some sperm - although very small amounts. Now if she was midcycle AND you actually ejaculated in her, there is only about a 10 to 25% chance of pregnancy, if no direct ejaculation, and just precum that was 'transfered' like you suggest, then about a 1% chance.
If she was NOT ovulating and NOT midcycle (in other words she was NOT 14 days PRIOR to her her period), then she has less than a 1% chance of pregnancy even if you ejaculated in her, if JUST PRECUM and YOUR scenario and NOT ovulating - then this approaches zero percent. I hope this helps, please take care.
Dr. Owen, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Board Certified in 2 Specialities & US Medical Graduate
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So she is only ferile on one day a month?
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
Yes, fertile only for a 24 hour period, that's it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Okay, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX sperm got inside of her a few days prior, it could live unti she is fertile, correct? Overall though sounds like I have nothing to worry about.
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
Usually, for sperm to live the 72 hours (it usually needs the semen to live in and without it the sperm will die. Take care.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So in the case of precum, it won't live long?
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
Yes, not long at all, probably just hours, not even 24 hours.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Okay, thanks. So like I said, in my situation, very little to be concerned with.
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
Yes, little to be concerned. Take care.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Oh, by the way, does it matter if she gave me a hand job and I ejaculated before all of this happened? After I ejaculated it was wiped off with a towel.
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
The answer is the same.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks. So any semen would have been wiped off and/or dried up by then?
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
Yes, still a small amount, but I do not think you much to be concerned about.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
Your welcome take, if you and your girlfriend are planning on more sex, try to talk with her into using a birth control pill - these are very effective.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So even though I cam a half hour or so before but wiped it off, sounds like I am pretty safe since I did not actually penetrate here with my penis? Like I said, my concern was that precum may have gotten onto her vagina when she rubbed my penis against it, then got inside her when i fingured her a minute or two later. Thanks again.
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
I can only reassure you so much. Take care.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry. I guess I am being overly paranoid. I usually am. Thanks for all your help.
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
Don't be paranoid - you will be fine.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Okay last time I promise! Did you say you can only reassure me so much because I am being overly paranoid and I just have to trust the info. or because there is a chance she may be preg.?

Sorry, I am naturally a very paranoid person.

Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
No, very unlikely she is pregnant. You can relax.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Great. Thank you so much!
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
Take care I'm closing the question, thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Douglas,

What are the chances of getting herpes or warts from receiving unprotected oral sex from a woman? I have noticed some small, pimple or ingrown hair looking bumps on the shaft of my penis. They are small and have not grown at all. they don't hurt. I know these can eb common.

Also, on the flap of skin on the ring under the head of my penis where i was circumsized, there appears to be an area with excess skin that when pulled down does not go away. Could this be a wart. I am nervous, but these could have been there all along because I never checked my penis until recently.

Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
You can get HSV (herpes) or HPV (warts) from unprotected sex. Warts usually don't appear until 2 to 3 years later. HSV is usually quite painful.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There is no pain with these at all. One looks like a small pimple or ingrown hair, the other is on the ring of skin under the head, just looks like an extra wad of loose skin, but when pulled down or erect doesn't quite go away. I shaved my genitals a month or little longer ago so the white bump could be from that as well. and they appeared withn just a few days after the sex, or should i say that is when i noticed them becasue I never paid attention or looked for them before then. They have not gotten any worse. Sounds like these may be normal and that the odds are low. I think i would be more certain if i had warts or herpes. It would be more obvious?
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
These are most likely normal - unlikely either HSV or HPV. Take care.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your help, but what makes youthink they are normal?
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
This sounds like from the shaving, plus you have no pain, and HPV warts on the penis and genitals are usually hard.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I feel relieved, thank you. The only hard one is the small pimple looking one. the flap of skin looking thing is not hard at all, except for maybe when the penis is erect and i pull it tight, then it gets kind of hard, but that is to be expected since the skin is pulled tight then.

Thanks!

Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
Take care and it would be nice for an accept - take care and have a great day.
Dr. Owen, Board Certified Physician
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You too, thanks. i am accepting right now.
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
Thank you very much - if you want in the future - start a new question just ask for me - since this string of questions is getting long. Thanks again.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Wiil do, thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do i just ask for you in the message itself?
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
Yes, just ask. Take care. I'm usually online everyday - just not all the time. Thanks again.