Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.

What is the maximum dosage of hydrocodone (5/325) in a day

What is the maximum dosage of hydrocodone (5/325) in a day can one take without overdosing. Already up to 90 mgs, what is lethal. I am still in pain and am afraid to take more.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 7 years ago.
How long have you been taking this meds? Do you take 90mgs/day? What kind f pain you are having?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have been taking hyrdocodones for three years for degenerative arthritis. It has been recomended that I have knee surgery but have not yet done it. I have only just started taking 90 mgs (within the past week). It is over a course of about 14 hours. I also take 2 15 mgs of oxycodone a day equaling the 90 mgs.
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 7 years ago.
Chronic pain management always require higher dose of hydrocodone due tolerance. The maximum recommended dose for the hydrocodone is 60mg/day which is equivalent to 12 tablets of (5/325). As you go up, the risk of side effects and toxicity increases. Combining one and more product has synergistic effect. You can read more about it from here. See dosage and overdosing heading. If you think you are developig any sign & symptoms of overdosing then you must see your physician.