Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

For over two years I have been coughing up a yellow pusy looking

For over two years I have been coughing up a yellow pusy looking substance? I'v been to the doctor several times and they give me antiobotics and ask me to use mucus relief tablets. I've been to the allergy clinic for tests and they are OK! It seems to drain from my head, builds up in my throat and I have to cough it up.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 7 years ago.

Your history sounds like a chronic sinus infection or chronic sinusitis. If you not yet consulted an ENT doctor you can have one. Improved nasal drainage & reduction of inflammation can be done by nasal decongestant, saline sprays,or, steroid preparations in addition to antibiotics. In some cases surgical intervention by using endoscopes to increase the sinus drainage passage may help to relieve blockage to sinus drainage.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your healthy life.
Any query, please ask.