Dr. S RIAZ, Doctor

my liver enzymes are nearly twice as high as normal. my urine

my liver enzymes are nearly twice as high as normal. my urine is very pungent, and i am having nausea pretty frequently which i had not associated until under rountine blood work i found out my enzymes were high. what can the cause be likely. my specialist appt. is not until nov. 12. but the general practioner was very concerned since i am not a drinker, smoker, or drug user. help until the 12 of nov.

The liver function tests(LFT) alone is not capable of making a proper diagnosis of many liver conditions. No test is completely accurate as it is only an indication of what is happening at the time the test was taken. It is therefore common practice to perform the test again on another occasion, especially if any results are abnormal. Measuring liver enzymes is only able to detect liver damage and does not measure liver function in a sensitive way. Other tests can be done to check the ability of the liver to manufacture its vital proteins. These are tests for the proteins albumin, prothrombin, and various globulins.

The common causes of raised enzymes could be fatty infiltration some drugs/medications, alcohol, liver and bile duct disease. Since, you do not take alcohol that is ruled out. You will have to exercise patience till you see the hepatologist i.e. your specialist. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.