PK, Doctor
Experience:  MD

how to stop phlegm in your throat while singing

Category: Medical
Expert:  PK replied 7 years ago.
Welcome to just answer.Since when do you have this?any other complaints apart from this?What color is the phlegm?Do you smoke?Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the color of the phlegm is clear & i use to smoke
Expert:  PK replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the information.First and foremost the cause of the phlegm needs to be determined.A chest X ray helps rule this out.In the meantime you should inhale steam.You should mix a few drops of eucalyptus oil in boiling water and inhale the steam.Drink plenty of liquids .You should also take an expectorant.These measures will help reduce the phlegm.Thus you will then be able to sing comfortably.

I hope this answers your question .

If you have further doubts then do let me know.

Please click on the green accept button if this answers your question as it is only then that will I be credited for my work.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
what type of expectorant would you suggest
Expert:  PK replied 7 years ago.
Common expectorant medicines are those that contain guaifenesin and bromhexine, thus these help.You should also have garlic as that too has expectorant properties and is good in a case like yours.Please do not swallow the phlegm and spit it out.I hope this answers you.Please accept the answer if you feel this answers you.Thank you.