Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
16101430

I FOR ABOUT A WEEK NOW, MY TOES FEEL LIKE THEY ARE ASLEEP.

I
FOR ABOUT A WEEK NOW, MY TOES FEEL LIKE THEY ARE ASLEEP. I HAVE NO OTHER SYMTOMS EXCEPT ARTHRITIS IN BOTH MY KNEES. I HAVE AD ORTHOSCOPIC SURGERY ON BOTH KNESS AND THEY TOLD ME I WOULD NEED TO HAVE BOTH KNEES REPLACED. I HAD A PERIOD OF ABOUT 2 MONTHS THIS SUMMER WITH NO PAIN IN MY KNEES AT ALL, NOW THE PAIN IS BACK. COULD THIS PROBLEM WITH MY TOES BE ASSOCIATED WITH MY KNEES?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question. I would like to have few details from you. history of numbness in both toes and duration for that? history of diabetes? history of high cholestrol? any discoloration and increase in temperature of legs?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
THIS STARTED LAST MONDAY. THE TOES ON MY RIGHT FOOT ARE JUST LIKE THEY ARE ASLEEP. WHEN I RUB THEM THEY TINGLE. THE TOES ON MY LEFT ARE SOMETIMES THE SAME BUT NOT CONSTANTLY. NOT DIABETIC. I DO HAVE HIGH COLESTEROL (FAMILY) NOT DISCOLORATION OR TEMP CHANGE IN MY LEGD OR TOES.
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your details and really appreciate that. This is related to my field of specialty. I would say there are few important possibilities in your case and these are like narrowing of vessels due to atherosclerosis in legs, nerve compression, disc problems, nerve problems due to defective knees. I will recommend these tests for you at the earliest and these are fasting blood sugar levels, c-reactive protein, x-ray lumbar-sacral region (AP view), doppler ultrasound of legs. I will recommend you to see Internist for complete evaluation. I can give the possibilities and show the right direction here.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Regards
Dr. Amir Javed