Dr. S RIAZ, Doctor

I am having current problems were my hands freeze up on me.

I am having current problems were my hands freeze up on me. I loose all feelings and cannot work my fingers, they feel like they are paralyzed. It last about 10 to 20 seconds. I have to use a table or wall to help unfreeze the fingers to work. It will take a couple of min. before fingers will return to normal.

Is there any tingling or numbness associated?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, My hands and fingers feel dead

You could be having an ulnar or median nerve dysfunction, the cause of which needs to be evaluated. Other possibilities could be pinching of the nerve in cervical spine or even carpal tunnel syndrome. For a proper diagnosis and evaluation, you should preferably see a neurologist. You may require imaging testsand nerve conduction tests. Thanks.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I had surgery lately done to my neck ( C 4,5,and 6 ) they placed a 4 inch plate in my neck. could this also be a factor to my problem?

Yes, this could have caused some damage to a nerve supplying your hand area as these nervesare located in your cervical area. You should see a neurologist to confirm it. Thanks.