Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  Several years of clinical experience in all fields of Medicine.

I developed a red bruise like lesion on my right inner forearm

I developed a red bruise like lesion on my right inner forearm No pain. Later developed a larger bruise like lesion on my anterior forearm above the wrist extending half way up the arm followed by ulnar nerve pain radiating down to the bruise on the anterior forearm and slight swelling along the length of the bruised area. Painful like sciatica only in the forearm. Started abot on week ago and seems worse now. The only injury I can remember is hitting the medial forearm on a corner drawer and it hurt like nerve pain, but, did not bruise. What's going on??
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for your question.

Is the bruise like an elongated red streak extending fromthe elbow upwards to the arm?

Can you feel any cord -like thick swelling along the bruise?

After how many days of being injured by the drawer, the bruise developed?

I'm still online to answer your queries after you send me this info.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It is not a red streak. It is about one inch wide extending from th anterior wrist toward the elbow about 5 inches. Ys, thre is a cord like - thick swelling along the anterior medial aspect of the bruise. It was about 4 days aftr the injury tht the first lateral bruise occured (still there), then the anterior bruise appeared several days after that.
This looks like thrombophlebitis of the veins present along the medial and lateral aspect of the forearm or due to thromboses of the accompanying arteries due to vasculitis. The reason for this could be the trauma itself or if you have heart disease, it may be a dislodged embolus. Diabetic patients are also more prone to embolus formation.

Since you have a bruise, nerves are not involved and are not the reason for the pain.

You should do an X ray of the forearm followed by a doppler ultrasound of the vessels of the arm and forearm. The x ray may show any soft tissue swelling.
In case of thromus / vasculitis the USG will show changes in the blood vessels.

Only after being clinically being examined by a specialist (physician / surgeon) and doing the investigations, can you arrive at a specifi diagnosis. Treatment will depend on the results of the tests.

I hope my answer is helpful to you. For accepting the answer, please press the "GREEN ACCEPT" button.
I would be highly obliged for a POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS from you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

What is causing the nerve pain?

The nerve pain is due to the initial injury to the medial aspect of the elbow which compressed the ulnar nerve. The ulnar nerve passes below the prominence of the elbow and any trauma causes a sharp, shooting pain immediately which may continue for sometime.
Thankyou for accepting the answer and the bonus.

My best wishes are with you.