Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS; MD

28 year old male last summer i had at least 5 EKG done and

Customer Question

28 year old male last summer i had at least 5 EKG done and also a stress echo test done on my heart but i still have chest pain that is very sharpe and goes down my left arm i have bad heartburn can heartburn make you hurt like this also have had problems with anxiety
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 7 years ago.
Hello paul

There are several gastrointestinal causes which may cause chest pain such as heartburn, gastritis, Peptic ulcers. Chest pain are also frequently reported by anxiety disorder patients.

If all of your ECG and stress echo tests were normal? , this pain could also be because of any of the above gastrointestinal causes or because of anxiety disorders such as Panic attacks besides a several other reason which require a thorough evaluation and investigations.

You should discuss this issue with your GP specially mentioning the heartburn and anxiety and I am sure everything will be alright. For your anxiety related problems, he may refer you to a psychiatrist depending on the clinical evaluation.

If you have any other query, please feel free to ask.

Best wishes
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes all the test came back normal for my heart im sure it's anxiety because i worry alot about the pain Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 7 years ago.

Well in that case, could you please also mention any other symptoms you are having?

I would also suggest you to go through the links given below .

Heartburn or chest pain: When is it heart attack?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I sometimes feel sick after eating my jaws hurt sometimes i know smoking can make it worse and i dont smoke very much when i do smoke it make it worse and when i do feel like and anxeity attack is coming i have a blood vessel around my inner thigh that pokes out and hurts i dont know what that is are why it does it
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 7 years ago.

OK, thanks for the information. Your symptoms are non specific and could be because of anxiety also although it is difficult to reach to a conclusion without a thorough examination and relevant investigations.

You must have consulted a doctor, what was their diagnosis?

Edited by Dr Vikas on 10/5/2009 at 8:55 AM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes i have been to the doctor with this i was told i was having anxiety attacks they keep me in the hosptial for a night to do test for my stomach and gald bladder and heart and said everything looked ok but i know their is something making me hurt yes i do suffer from anxeity but their is something wrong somewhere and i dont know how to explain what is all going on with me i just need someone to help me find out
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 7 years ago.

Anxiety disorder can present in various forms and if all of your investigation are normal, it is possible that it could be because of anxiety disorder.

I would suggest that you also go through this link to find more about anxiety disorders.

Anxiety & Phobias