FamilyMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Licensed in Georgia, Board Certified Family Practice

I have a sunburn like rash over my entire body and around my

I have a sunburn like rash over my entire body and around my eyes on my face. My temp is 95.5 and I have the chills. There is no itching but my skin is extremely hot to the touch. I have had this occur before and it lasts around 3 days. It begins on my chest area and then spreads over my entire body. What could this be?

Are you a diabetic or hypertensive? Do you have itching? Do you drink alcohol?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No...I'm not diabetic, hypertensive nor drink. There is no itching. I have had this repeatedly over the years and it's getting worse. I used to get this rash whenever I had a cold. Now it seems like I get it without any other symptoms. I had a skin biopsy years ago and it came up as Toxic Shock Syndrome. The physician told me it couldn't be that because I woudn't get that over and over again. It seems as though I may have some sort of autoimmune disease....since she suspected I may be allergic to my own body's anitbodies when I get sick.

Could you upload a picture?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The rash is gone today, so a photo won't help. It usually lasts three days. It begins on my chest, then spreads upwards and downwards to my hands and feet but never on my palms or soles of my feet. I had soreness in my elbows too.

Are you on any medications?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No...I am on NO medications at all. It's not an allergic reaction to anything.

Sounds like you have erythrodermatitis. Here is a website that shows some photos of erythrodermatitis:

You need to see an immunologist who will perform a series of blood tests to check for immune dysfunction. Please see your primary care physician to refer you to immunology. They may perform some tests to check for anemia, inflammation (ESR), IgE antibody, and other tests. Please review the following emedicine article:

As you will notice, there are many possible causes of erythrodermatitis. Your immunologist will determine which may be the cause affecting you. You may also note that although itching can occur, it need not be present. A rash all over the body, chills, and low temperature are part of this illness.

I hope this helps. Take care.

Dr. P.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is there a possibility of lymphoma?
I would put lymphoma lower on the list, but according to the article, it is possible. You need to get checked out. Please make an appointment with your doctor. Good luck!

Dr. P
FamilyMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Licensed in Georgia, Board Certified Family Practice