TheGermDoctor
TheGermDoctor, Doctor
Experience:  17 years as a physician, Board Certified in both Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases
13956133

WHAT DOES SEDIMENTATION RATE-WESTERGREN .... RESULT 24 ( REFERENCE

WHAT DOES SEDIMENTATION RATE-WESTERGREN .... RESULT 24 ( REFERENCE INTERVAL 0 - 30 ) COMPLEMENT C4, SERUM RESULT 41 HIGH MEAN? ( THE REFERENCE INTERVAL IS 9 - 36 ) NOTE: COMPLEMENT C3, SERUM RESULT IS 91 AND THE REFERENCE INTERVAL IS 90 - 180 I AM ATTEMPTING TO INTERPET MY BLOOD LAB REPORT. THE CATEGORY WHICH SHOWS MY RDW SHOWS MY RDW RESULT AS
15.1 HIGH THE REFERENCE INTERVAL IS 11.7 - 15.0
Category: Medical
Expert:  TheGermDoctor replied 7 years ago.

Hello Irma-

Your sed rate is normal, and the complement levels are not concerning. Generally with excess inflammation the sed rate goes up, and the complement may go down ( or may be normal). You levels are essentially normal, and by themselves do not suggest significant activity of your lupus. This would be consistent with stability of your lupus, but these are only indirect tests ( in addition to clinical findings, and other tests like your ANA, and ds DNA).

The RDW that is minimally above the normal range also has no significance.

The botXXXXX XXXXXne is none of these tests have any concern to me at this time.

Good luck.

Always ask if you need clarification/more information.

If I have answered your question, please click the ACCEPT button so I can get credit for my work.

POSITIVE feedback & a BONUS are warmly appreciated.
Please note that answers are for information only, do not take the place of an assessment by your doctor,
and does not establish a patient-physician relationship.