Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.

I breaking out in sores all over my body, in my mouth and nose.

I breaking out in sores all over my body, in my mouth and nose. They look like spider bites (not a rash) but they are in places that have been covered so they are not spider bites. I started taking my herpes meds two days ago when I had headaches, flu symptoms with no fever and sores in my nose. What is this?
Are the sores all over the body?

DO they itch?

Are you already diagnosed with herpes simplex? Since how long?

I am available online to help you further with this info.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, they are all over my legs, my crotch, my neck, my lips are tender and something is happening there. They do itch.
This is likely to be due to an allergic reaction.

You should check out whether you have started any new medications. If the herpes medicine is a new one or a new brand, it is most likely to be from this. It could be also due to some new foods that you took, specially foods like nuts, some new types of meat, fish, etc. You could be having a food allergy. You should also watch out for any new soaps or detergents. Link1. Link2

It could also be an allergic reaction to bed bugs. Link.

If you find anything which could have caused the allergy, you should try to avoid it. However, quite as often, no definite cause of such allergic reactions can be found, you should not worry if this is so.

Meanwhile you can take Cap. Benadryl (OTC) 1 cap. daily, this will help to cure the rash. You can also apply 1% Hydrocortisone cream (available OTC) on the rash. You can expect the rash to go down in two three days.

If the herpes medicine was a new one, then you need to stop this and discuss this with your doctor.

However, if it persists beyond three days or new rashes appear, then you need to approach your doctor for this. If it persists, conditions like scabies , Pityriasis rosea, Eczema and other dermatological conditions need to be ruled out.

I hope my answer has helped you. Please click on the green 'accept' button below for accepting this answer. Feedback/Bonus will be appreciated.