Dr.David
Dr.David, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist,MBBS
6554558

Bruises appear for no reason, what could cause this

Bruises appear for no reason, what could cause this??
Hello
Are you taking any medication?
From how long you have these symptom?

Edited by Dr.David on 9/20/2009 at 7:52 PM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I

take lisinopril,metoprolol,guanfacine for high BP-Have had bruising for several years

A bruise is an area of skin discoloration. A bruise occurs when small blood vessels break and leak their contents into the soft tissue beneath the skin.It happens when a part of the body is struck and the muscle fibers and connective tissue underneath are crushed but the skin doesn't break. Bruises are often caused by falls, sports injuries, car accidents, or blows received by other people or objects

If there is no pain,then place ice on the bruise to help it heal faster and to reduce swelling. Place the ice in a cloth -do not place ice directly on the skin. Apply the ice for up to 15 minutes per hour. The bruise will get resolved by itself within few days.

Exact diagnosis can only be made after physical examination. So I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor & treat accordingly.

Regards
Dr.David.
Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

Edited by Dr.David on 9/20/2009 at 8:01 PM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The bruises just appear,have not been hit or injured in any way.
You have high blood pressure, causing more blood to seep out of the broken vessel.Frequent long-term exposure to the sun can also cause the skin to be more fragile and likely to bruise.Liver disease, such as cirrhosis,allergy-related disorders,Illness or nutritional deficiencies can make people more prone to bruising. Also vitamin deficiency,overweight (obesity,bleeding),overweight (obesity).Exact diagnosis can only be made after physical examination. So I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor & treat accordingly.

Regards
Dr.David.

Edited by Dr.David on 9/20/2009 at 8:19 PM EST