Dr. Grinman
Dr. Grinman, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Medical Doctor
4600930

I have had sore throat for around 3 weeks with no fever. It

Customer Question

I have had sore throat for around 3 weeks with no fever. It comes and goes within a 24 hour time frame. and I have some pain in the left ear which is the side my throat pain is on
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Grinman replied 7 years ago.
Does the ear pain also come and go? Do you have any other medical problems? Do you have any acid reflux?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes the ear pain comes and goes
In my opinion this is either an atypical viral upper respiratory infection or a manifestation of severe acid reflux (GERD). If the acid gets into up into your throat you can get a sore throat and rarely ear pain. If your symptoms do not resolve in a few more days I would consider an evaluation by an Ear, nose, throat specialist (ENT) who can use a special camera to look at the back of your throat.
Dr. Grinman
PS Please don't forget to click Accept if you have no further questions. Positive feedback and bonus are always warmly appreciated.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I do not have any acid problems no heart burn or acid reflux. wouldn't I feel some acid making it's why up to the throat?
Not always believe it or not. Some people present for the first time tot he doctor with a sore throat or unexplained cough.
Dr. Grinman
Shannon, please click ACCEPT if you are satisfied with my answer as that is the only way I get rewarded for my time and effort.
Thank you very much.
Dr. Grinman