Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.

Is there anything else I can take besides metoprolol and flecainide.

Customer Question

Is there anything else I can take besides metoprolol and flecainide. I want natural products.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 7 years ago.
For what have you been prescribed these medicines?

Have you been using them? If so, for how long?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The medication was prescribed for vt and hypertension I have been taking them for one year.
Flecainide, which has been prescribed to you for VT, is a very important drug for you. There is no substitute for this and you have to continue to use this as it is critical for you.

For hypertension, you can try natural steps to control your BP. DIet and exercise is the best method to control BP. However, this does not mean that you can stop Metoprolol immediately, but by taking care of your diet and exercising regularly, you can hope to lower your BP so that your doctor who will be monitoring your pressure can reduce the dose of Metoprolol.

The three things that you need to do to keep BP under control without using medications are:

Diet: DASH diet is recommended by the government.
Weight Loss.

Please check ut these links:
Link 1 link 2

Pomegranate juice has also been shown to lower BP. Link.

You should try out these steps. But you must also continue to take Metoprolol, this can be stopped only by your doctor after he reviews your physical condition.

I hope my answer has helped you. Please click on the green 'accept' button below for accepting this answer. Feedback/Bonus will be appreciated.