Dr. B.
Dr. B., Doctor
Experience:  Physician with 8 years of experience.
17382760

Headache in crown of head, no fall or blow.

Customer Question

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 years ago.
from how long is the headache?
what is your age and gender?
are you on any medications?
are you diagnosed with any medical condition?
is the headache constant or intermittent?
any vomiting or nausea associated?
any history of high blood pressure?
any fever?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Has lasted at least 3 weeks. I am female, 85years old, in excellant health. No medications. I take several supplements. The headache goes away for house adter taking tylonol. No vomiting or nausea or any other symptoms.. No fever, high blood pressure.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 years ago.
Hello

Thanks for answering my questions.

Now looking at your age,symptoms,there is a possibility that your symptoms could be temporal arteritis as it may present with similar symptoms and is common at your age,so ask your physician to do ESR test to rule this possibility.
Other possibility could be undiagnosed high blood pressure as that may also cause similar headache which might be relieved after taking tylenol so ask your physician to rule this possibility too.
Now other possibility at your age,with no fever,no other symptoms ,no medications seems less likely
Thanks
Always ask if you need clarification/more information.Please click ACCEPT button to get my credit.POSITIVE feedback& BONUS are warmly appreciated. Please note that answer is for information only. It can't be a substitute to visit the doctor.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
what is an ESR test?
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 years ago.
Hello

ESR stands for erythrocyte sedimentation rate which is used to done to rule out temporal arteritis.
Thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is ESR an intrusive test? Do you know if it is very expensive? Would I have any other symptoms to indicate I have this problem?
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 years ago.
It is a blood test,I may not be able to tell how expensive it is as it mostly depends on insurance and hospitals.
I mentioned this possibility as it presents with headache at your age,always better to rule it out.
Thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

you were of no help but I will accept your answer. I had to go to a Dr. He said he thought I had a sinus headache. I had neer heard ofthat but he said nerves go from the sinus at base of head and co to crown of head. I still have headache.

Good luck to you.

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 years ago.
I am sorry that I could not help you in getting your diagnosis.

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX best of health and happiness.

Regards

Dr Bassi