Dr. James
Dr. James, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
20222826

Is masturbating safe while Im being treated for chlamydia

Customer Question

Is masturbating safe while I'm being treated for chlamydia?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
How were you diagnosed? What are you being treated with?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
swab test. 2 weeks of doxycycline then 2 weeks of emycin
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
It is likely safe, however, you need to be careful not infect other parts of your body. Notably, chlamydia can infect the conjunctiva of the eyes. If possible, I would recommend you refrain from mastubation for the duration of the treatment.

With a positve diagnosis for chlamyidia, it is recommended that you talk to your doctor about screening test for the common STDs.

Remember to press accept. It was a pleasure helping you with your question today. Best wishes to you. Smile

-----------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: Information provided is for educational purposes only and does not establish a patient-physician relationship nor substitute for a personal consultation with a physician.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Could i re-infect myself through my urethra? Is that why i wasn't cured after one prescription of doxycycline?
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
It is unlikely due to the masturbation. If your partner or partners were not treated, you could have been treated with from that. It is possible it could have been treatment failure from the doxycycline, that is why you are on erythromycin.

Please remember to accept if my answer was helpful.
,
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
If your partner or partners were not treated, you could have been reinfected from that.

I apologize for that error. Despite the negative feedback, I hope you had a positive experience from the content of my answer.