Dr.Sawhney, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,MS

How can I find a machine to check my coumadin levels.I am so

How can I find a machine to check my coumadin levels.I am so tired of having to get off work to have blood drawn each month at doctor office.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Sawhney replied 7 years ago.
Dear Griffin

Sorry to tell you this but this is the truth.

These tests need to be done in a laboratory.There is no machine available which can either measure coumadin levels or measure the coagulation profile including the INR.

If you are satisfied then don't forget to click ACCEPT.
I am available to answer your further queries.
Positive feedback and bonus would be warmly appreciated.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Several years ago I saw an article in Parade,the Sunday insert,that mentioned this machine. I know that it exists,and I do appreciate the fact that coagulation profiles are complicated for a layman to interpret.
Dear Griffin

I have not come across any such machine ever and I also conducted an internet search to fill any gap in my knowledge but I was still unable to find such a machine.

Also these tests measure multiple parameters and any such machine has to be necessarily quite complicated.