Dr. RK
Dr. RK, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice
14180959

I have a bladder infections that wont clear up with antibiotics

I have a bladder infections that won't clear up with antibiotics or a natural remedy D-Mannose. I have had it for three weeks now. Now my pupils seem different to me. Dilated bigger tha usual. Instead of steadily adjusting to light when I go to a darker area they get really big. Is there some other medical condition that could cause both? I also have dry mouth constantly after I started getting symptoms. It seems as though my body gets dehydrated fast. I know I drink enough fluids because I drink 10 or more glasses throughout a day. This is a good habit I formed over the years. I am a 32 year old female.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 4 years ago.

Dear XXXXXsy,

what are the drugs you are taking?

does the both pupils dilates when you go in dark?

any associated abdomen pain, burning urination, discharge, blood in urine?

what are the antibiotics you have taken so far?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have tried a three day antibiotic and a natural remedy D-Mannose. No pain in abdomen discharge or blood in the urine although once in a while it turns dark. No fever but the dry mouth is bothering me becasue I drink so much fluid I should have it. Both pupils do dialate but they seem much larger than usual when I go into dimmer light.
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 4 years ago.

Dear XXXXXsy,

Thank you for the information,

The dilation of pupil in dark or dimmer light is a normal phenomenon and is controlled by the brain. The pupil also constricts when you come in the bright sunlight.We are usually unware of this phenomenon.You should not worry about this.

The dilatation may also occur at the time of anxiety, fear, emotions, certain drugs,brain tumour etc. apart from being in darkness.

You should have the urine c/s and urine routine examination done to know the associated abnormality after consulting your doctor.The commonly prescribed antibiotics are ciprofloxacin, ofloxacin, nitrofurantoin, etc.for 5-7 days duration.

You may take the cranberry juice and a lot of vitamin c to treat the uti in a natural way.The drinking of a lot of water also helps in the symptoms and flushes the bacteria out.The antifungal may be needed in rare cases of suspected fungal infection.

Here is the link for more information

treatment of UTI

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Thank you!

Any doubt then ask me and if you are satisfied then click accept.

Dr. RK, Doctor
Experience: M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice