Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS

I am constantly dizzy, feel thirsty all the time, have headaches

Customer Question

I am constantly dizzy, feel thirsty all the time, have headaches at the back of my head and very tired
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question. This is related to my field of specialty. I would say that there are few possibilities in your case and these are thyroid disturbance, blood sugar imbalance can be silent diabetes, Hypertension. I will recommend you to see Internist for complete evaluation and will suggest these tests for you EKGs, thyroid profile, fasting blood sugar levels, CT scan brain, lipid profile. These symptoms should not be taXXXXX XXXXXghtly and early evaluation is advised in your case. Keep an eye on your blood pressure regularly. I can give the possibilities and show the right direction here.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am very healthy, run regularly (well until I got dizzy), have a healthy diet, am comfortably within recommended BMI, have a good job and very happy within life. I thought Diabetes was linked to being overweight? I have also been very hungry and eaten healthily but accordingly and still have lost a couple of pounds over the last couple of weeks.
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 7 years ago.
This is not a rule that diabetes is linked always in overweight people but yes it is common in people being overweight. Diabetes can occur at any stage without being linked to weight in most of the people and it is important to have the tests for that if having such symptoms like yours.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed