Dr. James
Dr. James, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine

What is a good or normal pulse reading I havent felt good

What is a good or normal pulse reading? I haven't felt good today and when checking my blood pressure (130/66), the monitor read my pulse to be 86. I am currently taking medicines for high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes. Would it be normal for my pulse to be 86?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

What have been the other readings of your pulse? Is your pulse regular?
Can you explain more about your symptoms of not feeling good today?
What is your blood sugar reading?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I don't know what a regular pulse would be, that is why I am asking? Starting Sept 3rd, my pulse was 86, 81,104,82 83, 84, and the last time I took my blood pressure, it was 86.

My blood sugar reading have been as high as 131 today, and the lowest of 114.

Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
A pulse of 86 is normal. Usually, normal would be between 60-100. It is variable and some peole's pulse can be higher or lower and still feel fine.

When I ask about 'regular', I am referring to the regularity of the beats. You can feel you pulse on the inside of your wrist on the thumb side or on the side of your neck next to your windpipe.

So, your blood pressure, blood sugar, and pulse all appear to be OK.

Remember to press the green accept button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question. Best wishes to you. Followup questions welcomed. Smile

Disclaimer: Information provided is for educational purposes only and does not establish a patient-physician relationship nor substitute for a personal consultation with a physician.