The first thing is to question her as to her decision on course of treatment. It may be that there is nothing more to be done for the condition. Ask her why she isn't trying any other therapy.
If she cannot or doesn't not answer your questions, I would advice you to seek a second opinion. I don't know if you are close to Boulder, but there are many good dermatologist at the University of Colorado to consult.