Dr. Abby
Dr. Abby, US Board Certified MD
Experience:  Family Physician practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States
20297917

dizziness on left side of head when i lat down and turn my

Customer Question

dizziness on left side of head when i lat down and turn my head to the left
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 4 years ago.
Is this dizziness a lightheadedness or a spinning?
Any nausea with the dizziness?
Ringing in the ears?
Hearing loss?
Headache?
How long has this been going on?

Dr Abby
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
spinning about 2 months no ringing no hearing loss head ache somtimes above left eye
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 4 years ago.
Alicia,

Have you seen a doctor about this problem? Had any testing done?
Are you taking any medications?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no have not seen a dr im taking 1000 vietam d and tramadol last dr vistit said my d level was very low was in the hospiptal 4 4 months with accute panceitis in a coma 4 2 months
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 4 years ago.
I am glad that you are better. That is a long time to be hospitalized. Because of the severity of your illness and the coma, the dizziness needs to be addressed by your doctor who can do a full neurologic exam on you.

It sounds like you are having vertigo. Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo is a type of vertigo (spinning sensation) that is brought on by changes in position or turning of the head. It can be associated with nausea as well.

It is thought to be due to calcium debris within the inner ear.

Treatment involves exercises that can be done in your home but your physician will have to demonstrate for you how to do them. If the spinning is persistent, there is also a medication that can be prescribed by your physician as well (called antivert)

Other causes of vertigo need to be ruled out (problems in the brain, viral infections are some of the causes) and these can only be done by your doctor.

I hope that this answers your question for you.
If you have any other questions, let me know and I would be happy to discuss further.

Dr Abby
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what sbout the head aches can that be do to low viatem d and i also have been peeing alot
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 4 years ago.
No, I do not think the headaches are related to the low vitamin D.
The vertigo and the headaches may be related. If you have a viral infection or a benign growth causing the vertigo, both of these can cause headaches.

Tramadol can also cause headaches in some people.

If the headaches are severe, or if it is the worst headache you have ever had in your life, you need to go to the emergency room.

As for the increased urination, it could be due to urinary tract infection, elevated blood sugars (diabetes). Since you recently had pancreatitis, you may have problems with blood sugars since your pancreas is responsible for producing insulin. If you have high blood sugars, this can also cause headaches and dizziness.

If you are having increased thirst also, this is also a sign of diabetes.

Dr Abby
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i have also noticed a numbness on the side of my left thigh and no the head aches are not that bad whay about the numbness in my thigh? anything you can tell me? thank you so far for all your help
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 4 years ago.
If the numbness is on the outside of the left thigh only, it may be something called meralgia paresthetica, which is a compression of the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve.

This is not serious and usually goes away on its own. It is usually due to compression of the nerve in the groin area. To help prevent it from worsening, avoid wearing tight undergarments and tight clothing.

Here is more detailed information about it:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/meralgia-paresthetica/DS00914

Again, your doctor would need to examine you in order to confirm the diagnosis.

Dr Abby

If you are happy with my help, please remember to accept. Thank you!!