Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  Several years of clinical experience in all fields of Medicine.
11246089

is it okay to take metronidazole and diflucan at the same

Customer Question

is it okay to take metronidazole and diflucan at the same time?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. R. Bora replied 7 years ago.
Hello.Welcome to JA and thank you for your question.

Yes its alright to take bith the medicines together.

But you can take vaginal suppositories which contain active ingredients for both bacterial and yeast infections like Candid CL. This more effcetive than orally taken pills and has fewer side effects. The course is short , only for 3 days. Check this link

I hope my answer is helpful to you. For accepting the answer, please press the "GREEN ACCEPT" button.
I would be highly obliged for a POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS from you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I seem to be allergic to the vaginal medication for the yeast. They burn me terribly, so my doctor has been giving me the Diflucan. How long does it take for the Diflucan to take affect?
This medication works best when the amount of medicine in your body is kept at a constant level. Therefore, remember to use it at the same time each day as directed. Continue to take this medication until the full-prescribed amount is finished even if symptoms disappear after a few days. Stopping the medication too early may allow the fungus or yeast to continue to grow, which may result in a relapse of the infection.

Check this link.