Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

i have bone fragments in my foot can this problem be fixed

Customer Question

Category: Medical
Expert:  Doctor Chip replied 5 years ago.
Can you better describe what's going on in your foot?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

if i stand on my foot too long (more than 30 mins) it begins to swell more than it is already swollen and sharp pain shoots through the area around my ankle it is always slightly swollen

Has this been evaluated by a physician?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I went to the doctor in 2000/2001 and they did an x-ray two doctors looked at the x-ray one said that i had a hair line fracture on my heel the other doctor said that i had achelles tendinitous. I was treated for the tendinitous and sent home. I went back to the same doctor and asked for a reexamination but was told that i was already daignosed but the problem was still there. now its 8 years later and I went to a new doctor who told me that he found bone fragments in the new x-ray they took of my foot and that i need a mri to get a better idea of how much damage has been done to my foot. I know i have bone fragments in my foot because the first doctor did not treat the hair line fracture so it healed wrong and is now chipping away in my foot

Are the fragments in the calcaneus--the heel bone?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes
And you've recently seen either a podiatrist or an orthopedic surgeon about this?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes i went to the doctor last thursday and they took an x-ray of my left foot and he said that there are bone fragments in in my left heel and that i need a mri
Sorry for the delay. I'm not sure how I can help you at this point since the information I have about your condition is limited. Can you restate your question?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

will then that's ok i found the answer i was looking for else where thank you for trying to help