doctornihil
doctornihil, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  MD, MPH
18459754
Medical

what does it mean if I have marked hypoplasia of the A1 segment

what does it mean if... Show More
what does it mean if I have "marked hypoplasia of the A1 segment of the right anterior cerebral artery and of the P1 segment of the right posterior cerebral artery"?
The hypoplasia of A1 segment of the right anterior cerebral artery and of the P1 segment of the right posterior cerebral artery is a congenital variation ('birth defect'), which increases the chances of ischemic stroke ( reduced blood circulation in the brain).
Customer reply replied 7 years ago.
If I have experienced dizziness, loss of concentration, slurred speech, clumsiness, could these have anything to do with this?
Yes,these are all signs of TIA or transient ischemic attacks ( if lasted less than 24 hours without permanent damage) caused by the deformities in the cerebral arteries in your brain.
Please consult with an experienced neurosurgeon as soon as possible.