Dr. Abby
Dr. Abby, US Board Certified MD
Experience:  Family Physician practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States
20297917

i have clammy skin, feel very cold, sore throat, and very

i have clammy skin, feel very cold, sore throat, and very fatigued
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 7 years ago.
Customer

When did your symptoms start?
Do you have a fever?
What have you tried so far for your symptoms?
What is your age?
Are you on any daily medications?

Dr Abby
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
symptoms started on August 28, 2009 and my temperature has gone up to 99.3. Havent tried anything except tylenol rapid release pills. I am 21 years old and im not on any daily medications.
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 7 years ago.
Just a couple more questions,

Are the glands in your neck swollen?
Do you have any white spots on your tonsils?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes my glands in my neck are swollen.... no white spots
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information.

A few different types of infection may be going on. Given your age and symptoms, my first suspicion would be mononucleosis (Mono). This causes sore throat, fatigue, swollen glands and fever. It can also cause nausea and vomiting. It is diagnosed by blood test in your doctor's office. There is no treatment for mono other than time, symptom management for the sore throat (anti-inflammatories and steroids if the tonsils swell significantly), rinses and rest.
Strep throat can also cause swollen glands, sore throat and fever. This can be diagnosed by a simple swab test in your doctor's office as well. Treatment is with antibiotics (penicillin or amoxicillin)
Viral sore throat is the third possibility. Viruses are the most common cause of sore throats. These infections are most commonly associated with runny nose or congested nose and possibly cough.
If you do not have congestion or cough, you are more likely to have strep or mono.

For today, all you can do is treat the symptoms--ibuprofen (I like better than tylenol as it lasts longer), warm salt water gargles, throat lozenges (such as sucrets) and throat sprays (such as chloraseptic).

If you don't feel better tomorrow, I would make an appointment with your doctor for a throat swab and possibly a mono test.

I hope this is helpful information for you.
If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Dr Abby

Please don't forget to accept my answer if you find my answer helpful. Thanks!