Dr. Grinman
Dr. Grinman, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Medical Doctor
4600930

About 24 hours ago I got a thorn stuck in the knuckle of my

Customer Question

About 24 hours ago I got a thorn stuck in the knuckle of my left index finger. I could feel that It went deep. I pulled it out and continued to ride the four wheeler with my daughter. My finger is quiet painful continues to swell and throbs significantly. I'm in the woods and outdoors alot and have had many jammed fingers and briar encounters. By 24 hours it is always better. This is getting worse. It gets stiffer and mor painful by the hour. Something different is going on inside that finger. ?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Grinman replied 7 years ago.
I think so. It most likely became infected. I would seek medical attention for a course of antibiotics. Feel better!
Dr. Grinman
PS Please don't forget to click Accept if you have no further questions. Positive feedback and bonus are always warmly appreciated.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Are there unique infections associated with "outdoor" wounds? Is the fact that the thorn stuck in the joint siginificant? The joint is stiff
Not neccesarily. Most likely it
Is flora that normally lives on your skin was introduced into the wound
You may also want to get a tetanus booster if your last one was more than 10 years ago