Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Physician
Experience:  Practicing Medicine and Surgery since 1992

I have a dime sized patch of skin on the inner part of my eyebrow

Customer Question

I have a dime sized patch of skin on the inner part of my eyebrow that is always irritated. When i put aloe on it the irritation goes away but you can still kind of see the lump. The area does not peel anymore but I hate the fact that there is a little lump there when you closely look at it. I was wondering what it might be??
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Chan replied 7 years ago.

It sounds like a type of dermatitis (such as psoriasis or eczema). Lubricants and aloe may help some as you have noted. However, you may need some steroids to make the swelling and lump go away. You can try weak Hydrocortisone cream (you can get OTC), but don't get any in the eyes. If that doesn't work, you may need to see a doctor about some stronger creams/ointments.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Can eczema and psoriasis just appear out of nowhere because I havent had this growing up? Signs of it just happened about 2 years ago and is there anything else you can recommend? or help with?
Expert:  Dr. Chan replied 7 years ago.

There is always a first time. Often, it can be seasonal as well. There are indications that sunlight helps. Seeing a dermatologist would be the best thing if this is becoming a chronic problem for you.