PK
PK, Doctor
Experience:  MD
16173041

I HAVE SWOLLEN LEGS AND FEET.FEET FEELS LIKE PINS AND NEEDLES

Customer Question

I HAVE SWOLLEN LEGS AND FEET.FEET FEELS LIKE PINS AND NEEDLES AND HAND.BLOOD TEST SHOWS NO PROBLEM.BUT I DO TAKE MEDICATION FOR HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE.AND IM ON A DURTICE ALSO.CAN YOU HELP..................
Category: Medical
Expert:  PK replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to just answer.

Pins and needles could be caused due to compression of the nerve by the disc in your spine.These changes commonly occur as we age .You should get a MRI done of your lower back(lumbo -sacral spine )in order to get further details of the nerve involvement.Compression of the nerve commonly produces pain similar to the kind you have.

Physical therapy will help.

You can take tylenol for the pain as well.

You should exclude diabetes too as it also can cause the pins and needles.

The leg swelling is probably not related to the tingling.I would suggest that you get the swelling checked immediately to rule out pathologies involving the heart,kidneys and also check if your blood pressure is controlled or not as if it is not controlled it can also cause a swelling.

Thus it warrants immediate medical attention.

I hope this answers your question .

If you have further doubts then do let me know.

Please click on the green accept button if this answers your question as it is only then that will I be credited for my work.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I CHECK MY BLOOD SUGAR TWICE A DAY AND IT IS AVERGING ABOUT 116-124.

MY BACK DOES NOT BOTHER ME OR DO I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH IT.MY DR CAN NOT FIND OUT WHAT IS WRONG.THIS PINS AND NEEDLES IN MY FEET AND HAND ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY.AT THIS TIME IM WORKING HERE IN IRAQ.I WILL SEE MY DOCTOR IN 4 MONTHS.NO MEDICATIO SEEMS TO HELP RELIEVE THE PROBLEM.

Expert:  PK replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the information.

Are the blood levels fasting or after eating?

Have you checked your thyroid levels?

Thank you.