Dr. RK
Dr. RK, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice
14180959

45 year old female with sudden onset of nausea with stomach

45 year old female with sudden onset of nausea with stomach ache. gas, mild vomiting at onset. Just felt like I'd feel better if I through up. Now pain in lower right quadrant, sharp pain in right side with the continual nausea. I am extremely overweight. large belly, thought I may have turned over and pulled a muscle. still pain across stomach with the sharp pain more isolated to the lower right.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 7 years ago.

Dear meier,

Greetings and welcome to justanswer,

any associated fever, diarrhea?

how long is the pain present?

Any associated tenderness?

what is the exact location in the lower right abdomen?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no fever, or diarrhea
pain since 7 ish tonight
I have tenderness across the abdomen, the sharp pain is just on the lower right, the tenderness is across lower abdomen. The lower right is close to the pubic bone. I have a large stomach. It would probably be about 8 month gestation if I were pregnant.    
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 7 years ago.

Dear meir,

thank you for the information,

There are some common causes of such abdomen pain on the right side.The common ones are appendicitis, colitis, bowel obstruction, lymphadenitis, diverticulitis, salpingitis, twisted ovarian cyst, etc.

As per the symptoms, the chances of appendicitis should be ruled out first which may cause such pain in the lower right region associated with nausea.

The lymphadenitis and colitis may also cause such pain commonly and should be investigated.

The other cause to be ruled out is kidney stones which may also cause such pain.The ovarian cyst may also cause such pain and should be ruled out.

You need to have the relevant investigation done like sonography abdomen, ct scan abdomen, blood countsm, serum amylase,lipase, etc. to know the associated abnormality after consulting your doctor.

The treatment depends on the underlying cause.The analgesic drugs like motrin , tylenol will help in controlling the pain.The antispasmodic drugs like buscopan, anaspas will help in controlling pain due to spasm.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

thank you!