Dr. B.
Dr. B., Doctor
Experience:  Physician with 8 years of experience.

When I eat anything my face swells around the left side ear,

When I eat anything my face swells around the left side ear, it is definately no an absess

what is your age and gender?
from how long are you having these symptoms?
are you on any medications?
any history of any allergies?
are you diagnosed with any medical condition?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no medications, never had an allergy in my life, no medical conditions, and I am a very fit 57 year old
Welcome to just answer,
Thanks for answering my questions.
Now looking at your age,symptoms,past medical history,it seems that your symptoms could be due to Sialolithiasis which is formation of stones in the salivary gland like parotid gland which will cause similar swelling after eating food and will occur around ear.The reason for me mentioning sailolithiasis is because,when we eat food,salivary glands are stimulated to secrete salivary juices and when there is presence of stone,the salivary fluid can not come out of salivary duct,which then causes swelling after eating any food.I mentioned parotid gland because of location of swelling you mentioned.
Do mention this to your physician so that he confirms this possibility by sialogram.
Now other possibility would have been any infection,but it would not have been transient,it would have been persistent swelling,so infectious causes seems less likely.
Always ask if you need clarification/more information.Please click ACCEPT button to get my credit.POSITIVE feedback& BONUS are warmly appreciated. Please note that answer is for information only. It can`t be a substitute to visit the doctor.