tazechip
tazechip,
Experience:  dasdasd
18722459

I have a pain the solar plexus area, what could that be fr

I have a pain the solar plexus area, what could that be from?
Submitted: 7 years ago via HealthBoards.
Category: Medical
Expert:  tazechip replied 7 years ago.
Your age, gender, medical conditions/meds? Can you more fully describe the pain?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am taking nasonex for the last few month as prescribed from the ENT. I take tums and maalox anytime it feels like it is heart burn.

The pain is a sharp feeling that comes and goes. I have also been feeling pretty lazy in the last few days, because of these stomach and plexus pains.
Expert:  tazechip replied 7 years ago.
Well, you may have one or more of three diagnoses: GERD, peptic ulcer disease, or irritable bowel syndrome. My First suggestion is try OTC Zantac or Pepcid AC for two weeks. If the problems subside and don't return, uyou needn't worry. If, however, they do come back, I'd suggest you consult a gastroenterologist for scoping to rule in/out the GERD or peptic ulcer.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What about the possibility of AAA? And is there anything that I should worry about for the immediate future? I have an appointment with a Gastroenterologist on Monday.
What could the head fogginess be from?
Appreciate all your help.
Expert:  tazechip replied 7 years ago.
Highly unlikely someone your age has an AAA, but a simple physical exam of your abdomen would check that. What do you mean by head fogginess?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
By head fogginess I mean a lack of concentration at times, and minor dizziness at times when I make a quick headmovement. It's been on and off for a while, maybe a month after first being diagnosed with the acid reflux.
Expert:  tazechip replied 7 years ago.
Probably nothing serious. Brief vertigo is rarely indicative of a major problem in someone your age. The concentration problem, if it persists, could be evaluated by a pshychologist trained in diagnosing attention deficit disorder.