Dr. Abby
Dr. Abby, US Board Certified MD
Experience:  Family Physician practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States

my anus is soooo very itchy and it wont stop. well some times

my anus is soooo very itchy and it wont stop. well some times it dose for a bit. but it seems to get worst at night. there was aloso a very little bit of blood on the tolet paper after i took a poo. like i have some little slits in my anus probly cuz i cant stop scraching. its so itchy i had to take time off work what do i do
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 4 years ago.
Mbear,

Are you having any pain with bowel movements?
Do you have hemorrhoids?
What have you tried for the itching?

Dr Abby
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i have no pain with going to the bathroom. i dont think i have hemroids there not weird bumps. it just itches really bad and i dont no what to put on it. help
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 4 years ago.
Mbear,

There are many causes of itching of the anal area.
First, there could be hemorrhoids that you are not aware of and since you are seeing bleeding I would strongly urge you to have your doctor check you out. Your doctor cannot tell your mom as you are over 18. It is against the law.

There are certain foods that can make the itching worse, so try to avoid coffee, tea, cola, chocolate, citrus, and tomatoes.

Infections can lead to itching as well as allergies to the soaps, detergents, etc-leading to dermatitis of the anal area. That is another reason it would be a good idea to have your doctor look at the area.

What you can try at home is a 1% hydrocortisone cream applied to the area twice per day. You can also, in between the cortisone application, apply desitin (which is a diaper rash cream). Do not use the cortisone for longer than 12-14 days as this can cause thinning of the skin and lead to a worsening problem as a result.
At night, try taking benadryl.

I hope this is helpful information for you. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Dr Abby
Please don't forget to accept my answer if this is helpful!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i really really dont want to go to the doctor is there any home remidies. im really scared. ive never hadanything lkie this. how do i no for sure it hemroids
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 4 years ago.
The cortisone cream is over the counter and so is the desitin so you can try those first.

If you don't feel any bumps around the anus, what you can do is look in a mirror while pushing down (like you would when having a bowel movment). If you see pink bumps bulging out, these are probably internal hemorrhoids.

Dr Abby
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
are they big small. are they painfull. cuz im not in any pain. and it dosent hurt to poop its just really itchy. my anus is always pink cuz i do wash well. how can i tell if there are bumps cuz anuses are natually kind of bumpy.
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 4 years ago.
You will see a round, smooth, purple/pink bulge. Internal hemorrhoids are not typically painful. If you don't have any on the outside, though, I do not think that hemorrhoids are causing your itching. It may be diet related, stress, allergy.

See if you can copy/paste this picture into your browser.

http://www.hemorrhoidshemroids.com/HEM8-hemorrhoids-hemroids-suspect-internal-and-external.jpg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
theres one more thing i forgot to say. im on medication right now that the doctor said would give me diareea. its for tonsillitiss its called SUPRAX 400mg its an anti boitic. cefixime tablets USP. would that have anything to do with it. cuz i dont see any bumps.
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 4 years ago.
Yes, the diarrhea can cause anal itching.
Try the cortisone cream and the desitin and I think you will feel better.
Try to keep the anal area clean but don't over-wipe.

Dr Abby
Dr. Abby, US Board Certified MD
Experience: Family Physician practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States