Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.

I have been experiencing pressure between my breast bone area

Customer Question

I have been experiencing pressure between my breast bone area and Pain in the abdomen , with pain in my upper and lower back area @ same time, feels like a rubber band all the way across, but on some days I get this terrible PAIN that feels like something twisting in my abdomen and stomach area.(sometimes in different parts) Why do I feel so Much pressure to
even breath in also? I don't know what to DO? I just want to feel better, please advise me
any way you can! oh, I have been to the ER 3 times, with no explaination of what is happening? I have no health insurance also. Is this Normal?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 7 years ago.
There are many causes of abdominal pain. But since you have been well investigated for the pain in three visits to the ER, and there has been no other positive findings, in my opinion you could be suffering from Fibromyalgia.

Fibromyalgia typically presents with diffuse muscle pain all over the body. However, one uncommon presentation is a deep cramping pain in the abdomen. This can be at any particular site. You need to approach a doctor who is skilled in fibromyalgia to get this diagnosed.

Some other causes of such abdominal pain which are possible for you are:

Thoracic disc herniation.

Chronic pancreatitis.

Addison's disease.

Spinal muscle or Vertebral body disorder.

Psychological disorders like depression and anxiety.

You need to approach your doctor and ask for these conditions to be ruled out.

You can look up here:

It is often difficult to find a doctor skilled in fibromyalgia, you should consult a Rheumatologist preferably. You can look up here:

I hope my answer has helped you. Please click on the green ‘accept' button below for accepting this answer. Feedback/Bonus will be appreciated.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Doctor, I forgot to mention that My Abdomen has swelled and I have pain in this area also, nausea & vomiting too. Is this Normal?
No, nausea and vomiting along with swelling of the abdomen is not normal.

You should consult your doctor again for this.

Rather than going to the ER, you should consult a family physician. You need to be evaluated with tests like ultrasound of the abdomen, etc. to detect the cause of your symptoms.